San Diego – Robinson Rose House

Old Town San Diego is the site of the first European settlement in California, although the centre was so far from a drinking water source that the heart of San Diego shifted towards a more suitable location.

This is the Robinson Rose house, although it’s a little bit of a fake arrangement as it was built in 1989 to be used as the park’s information office. It is though an authentic replica of the 1853 house that was constructed by James Robinson, an important local businessman and lawyer. He used it as his legal practice, as well as his private residence, selling it in 1868 to Louis Rose, a local entrepreneur. They’re not entirely sure when it was demolished, but it was some time around 1900.