West Lynn – West Lynn War Memorial

West Lynn’s war memorial is located within the churchyard of St. Peter’s church and was unveiled in 1920. It is made out of Bath Stone and there were 25 names from the First World War and 4 names from the Second World War. Over recent decades it has become harder to read the names on the memorial, so new black plaques have recently been installed to make the names clear. When these new plaques were added, historic research meant that 10 additional names were added from the First World War, bringing the total to 35.