Swaffham – Whitecross Road Baptist Burial Ground

There’s a burial ground, looking a little out of place today, located just to the left of where mortuary chapel is marked on the above map. The first Baptist church in Swaffham was opened in August 1823, with the burial ground next to it. The Baptists outgrew their church relatively quickly, building a new church on Station Street in 1860, which is still in use today.

The burial ground on Whitecross Road remains, a relatively small affair but it’s organised and tidy, although there haven’t been any new burials here since 1979.