Lewes – 22 Station Street

Continuing the theme of 23 Station Street and 25 Station Street, this is 22 Station Street and it was the Jolly Anglers pub between 1825 and 1955. It was originally known as the Coach and Horses, but it changed its name in 1874.

The article in the Sussex Agricultural Express in November 1955 confirming the closure of the pub. It’s in a rather good location, a short walk from the railway station, and also between the station and the town centre.