There aren’t very many wooden buildings in Bialystok, too many fires have put paid to that piece of the city’s heritage. There are though two surviving wooden residences, with this being one of them. The building is named after its first owner, General von Driesen, who purchased this plot in 1889 and constructed this wooden house on it.
Driesen sold the building to Abraham Tyktin, a city merchant, in 1898 and then it was later sold to Adela Hasbach, the wife of a cloth factory owner. It was purchased in 1984 by the National Publishing Agency, but then sold to the museum service in 1990. Today, the building is used as a sculpture museum, hence the artwork at the front of the property.