Luxembourg / Thionville

Luxembourg – Walk to the City

Rather than spend €2 on the bus from the airport, I thought it’d be a far better idea to walk into Luxembourg city from the airport hotel. The city authorities have nearly made this very easy and they’ve ensured that 95% of the route has pavements. The other 5% appears to have passed them by….

I’ve been to Luxembourg a few times before and it’s a beautiful city centre and a lovely end point for the walk. It’s about four miles to walk in and the weather was fortunately not too hot. The end point was Luxembourg central railway station, for the excitement game that would be “will be there a train during the SNCF strike?”.

The walk begins.

Reaching the city. It’s a pretty uneventful walk until the delights that are the city centre.