This is the former stable block to the manor house of New Place, now demolished, and it’s known today as the Clockhouse. It’s been turned into flats now, although the gardens behind the property can still be accessed. The building was constructed in 1775 and the clock is from the same period, designed by Edward Tutet. A weather vane was moved from Woolwich Arsenal to the building in 1775, with this vane from 1700 now stored somewhere inside the building.
- London – Havering (Borough of) – Upminster – The Old Chapel
- London – Havering (Borough of) – Upminster – Former Workhouse