The town’s war memorial is located in the churchyard of St. Edmund’s Church in Acle.
The war memorial was unveiled on 18 December 1921 by the sons of Edward Cushion and Owen Waters, two of the men who died during the First World War.
There are 28 names from the First World War on the memorial, which is made from granite and overlooks the Norwich Road.
An additional five names were added following the end of the Second World War. In 1995, there was a renewal of the area to mark 50 years since the end of the conflict, with steps being added to the war memorial.
As it looked in the 1950s before the building of the steps.