Aarhus – The Well of Pigs

This rather interesting sculpture, known as Grisebrønden, was designed by Mogens Bøggild and was donated to the city by Ceres, a local brewery. Ceres was an important local employer, but their main factory in the centre of Aarhus was closed in 2008 and has since been demolished.

The sculpture isn’t unfortunately the original 1941 version, it was replaced in 1992 after it was vandalised on several occasions. The original is still though in existence and is located in Skejby, a short distance from Aarhus.